Spring is the beginning of the festival madness, and music fans of all kinds will be delighted with many wonderful events, among which for the special attention deserves the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Beautiful musical attractions planned by the organizers, make it is worth to book a flight on time from 28 April to 7 May 2017 to the largest city in Louisiana, where you can feel the soul of Europe in the rhythm of the greatest music.
Let yourself be seduced by the music…
Jazz, rock, hip-hop, pop, funk, indie, blues or Zydeco and even gospel singing and church choirs – fans of every genre of music will find at the Jazz Festival something for themselves. Live music will be sounded here in every corner and on the stages will perform many world-famous music stars and local artists. New Orleans Jazz Festival is an extraordinary event which attracts crowds from all over the world, so definitely it is worth to be there!
This year’s edition of the New Orleans Jazz Festival promises to be exceptional. Among the major headliners definitely worthy of mentioning are stars such as Stevie Wonder, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Maroon 5, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Kings of Leon, Usher & The Roots, Harry Connick Jr. ., Meghan Trainor, Lorde, Snoop Dogg, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Corinne Bailey Rae, Irma Thomas, Dr. John, Leon Bridges, Galactic, Rebirth Brass Band and many others!
More information about the New Orleans Jazz Fest, you will find on the official website: http://www.nojazzfest.com/.
Not only with music a man lives…
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a unique event that delights not only with the music because it offers much more entertainments for all arrived guests. Among fascinating pleasures offered by this incredible Fest you can enjoy:
- New Orleans is known for its diversity and excellent climate, which compounded various showcases of craftwork and handicraft, markets and many intriguing cultural traditions. Being here during the festival, you should get to know the people of this unique place. The Jazz Festival is also an opportunity to see masterpieces of known locally, or across the country artists, there will also be many opportunities for shopping.
- And interesting spots worth visiting during the trip is a Congo Square and African market where you can meet the contemporary crafts of African culture, which soaked the fairy tale of New Orleans. At the Louisiana market, you can find unexpected gems, including woven baskets, antiques, jewelry, and beautiful paintings.
- For those who want to explore the culture of New Orleans even more deeply, excursion to the festival will be an opportunity to learn Louisiana Folk Life Village and the village of Native America, where culture, music, and crafts are just captivating.
- Travelers looking for new tastes will surely be delighted with New Orleans cuisine. Excellent choice of small restaurants offering traditional delicacies of the region, as well as delicacies from around the world that make the trip for the festival will be incredibly tasty. The local cuisine derived inspiration from many cultures, so be sure to taste dishes from the famous local chefs, farmers, chefs and if you’re lucky – at the hospitable inhabitants.
Tips are always useful…
Choosing The New Orleans Jazz Festival, get ready for a fantastic fun and great experiences. Louisiana is a magical place that with its climate amazes in a unique atmosphere, and incredibly hospitable locals make you want to return there more than once. Here are a few tips to know before you catch a flight to New Orleans for the festival!
- The location of the festival is the Fair Grounds Race Course (1731 Gentilly Boulevard), near the town center and right next to the French Quarter.
- The best way to reach to the festival, it is best to use special buses, because in the close vicinity of the event the movement is limited. Outside the festival, are organized stops for vehicles.
- Many festival-goers use of transport by bicycle, after all, New Orleans is a city full of bike paths that enjoy while visiting the city.
- An excellent way to reach to the festival is trams. Characteristic of New Orleans trolleys are incredibly atmospheric and do not deny to yourself the pleasure of a ride with one of them. On the festival, you can reach directly by the Canal Street line and then go on a short walk.
- Tickets to the festival are the cost from $60 to $75 depending on when and where they are purchased. Children pay only $5!