Remarkable Thai culture and tastes, colorful and lively little squares, golden Buddhist temples, and on the other hand, an oasis of calm on without the hustle and bustle of the big city, stunning islands and paddy fields with quaint bamboo huts – this is Thailand in a nutshell. Visiting this amazing place we can experience an extraordinary adventure that will change the life. Wondering whether to book a flight to this amazing country of fresh lemon grass, find out how to spend an enjoyable 14 days holiday here!
Phenomenal and exotic – what is worth seeing in Thailand
This fascinating country is a jewel of Asia that captivates millions of people around the world. Being here prepare to be seduced. Discover the most beautiful parts of Thailand that will bring you to the extraordinary climate of this fabulous place.
- Bangkok is famous for its entertainment, bustling markets, unique people and a myriad of sights. A glorious place in this crazy city of Thailand is Chinatown which combines Thai sea gifts and Chinese neon lights. It is seen here as Khao San Road and other attractive neighborhoods in which you can taste the fried insects and party until dawn.
- The Grand Palace is a remarkable golden complex of buildings that have enchanted you for over 200 years. Being here is worth seeing the Emerald Buddha, Wat Pho, or the majestic Wat Arun – the Temple of Dawn. Perfectly is to go there at night, as evening lighting of buildings makes a striking impression.
- The Golden Triangle, locally known as Sop Ruak, is a magical place in which Myanmar, Laos, and Thailand meet. The abundance of stalls, statues of Buddha and elephant, as well as the remarkable history of the place make it impossible not to fall in love.
- Elephants are the showpiece of Thailand, so when visiting this amazing country, you have to go out to meet these adorable animals. You can go to Elephant Nature Park where the elephants are exceptionally friendly.
- Thailand has a remarkable, stretching for more than 5,000 miles of coastline, so you definitely should go for a boat trip, during which you will discover many secret beaches and islands. You will have the opportunity to admire the Gulf of Phang Nga or the white sand beaches of Ko Phi Phi Lee and Ko Phi Phi Don or Koh Tao and Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand. Do not forget to take your camera – the views are breathtaking.
- The tribal villages of Akwa, Lisu, Hmong and Karen tribes located in northern Thailand are an excellent way to get to know the extraordinary people whose surprising lifestyle allows you to change the perspective of thinking about the world.
- Floating stalls full of local produce is an exceptional opportunity not only for the fabulous shopping but the experience of Thai culture magic on your skin. The most famous floating markets are Damnoen Saduak and Ratchaburi, 100 km southeast of Bangkok.
- The dark and mysterious history of Kanchanaburi province is waiting to be discovered. The infamous Death Railway is a highly unusual relic of the past, who along with located not far from it, the Temple of the Tiger will be a unique destination that you will remember for a lifetime.
- Thailand is a land full of ancient ruins and fantastic national parks like Doi Inthanon National Park with the highest peak in Thailand, Khao Yai National Park – considered as one of the largest monsoon forests in Asia, and which is additionally placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List), National Park Sai Yok with its amazing waterfalls, caves and rare animals to discover, the Khao Sok National Park which beauty enchants, or the Phimai Historical Park of the twelfth-century Khmer Ruins.
Live life to the fullest – what to do and try while visiting Thailand
Expedition to Thailand is an excellent way to do things which we normally do not do or simply do not have time for it. You also can not forget about the amazing flavors of Thailand, which are unique and without a doubt you will find among them something for you.
- In Thailand, the best way to travel is by the use of your transport, so the great idea is to rent a bike and explore the corners on your own. The scooter will check for example while visiting the city of Pai or Chiang Rai, where among fabulous landscapes and phenomenal waterfalls you can feel the miracle of nature.
- Enjoying Thai delicacies is a great way to get to know this unique place, but taking cooking classes with exploring local produce will be a double-power experience.
- If you are a fan of sports, be sure to join the Thai boxing fight! Muay Thai fights are held in many places throughout the country.
- Do you love climbing? In Thailand, you can improve your skills on the extraordinary caravan cliffs around Railay. A solid dose of adrenaline on the background of fabulous beaches is an amazing experience.
- Do you want to learn how to dive? Thailand is the perfect place to get the right skills. Lasting three days course will change you into a real explorer of the deep sea, e.g., around Ko Tao.
Delicacies straight from the Thai table:
- Pad Thai – is a dish that is known all over the world and can be found in every street cafeteria and restaurant in Thailand. The combination of fresh ingredients like rice noodles, meat, tofu, eggs and vegetables cooked in the hot wok and topped with tasty sauces and spices is heaven in the mouth!
- Som Tam is an excellent papaya fruit salad. Combined with spicy additives creates sweet-spicy taste is excellent on warm days.
- Tom Yam Goong is a treat based on fragrant herbs, fresh seafood or other additives. A perfect idea for an exotic dinner in Thai style.
- Green Curry Kheaw Geng Wan is another Thai culinary masterpiece – perfectly enhances mood and is incredibly tasty. The combination of spices, bamboo shoots, and lemon grass is exceptionally aromatic.
- Mango Sticky Rice is a perfect dessert – mango fruit combined with sweet rice is a heavenly taste.
Tips you should know before traveling to amazing Thailand
Thailand is a truly unique country. Friendly, cheerful and very hospitable natives and the stunningly beautiful nature make the trip to this amazing part of the world is the adventure of a lifetime. If you want your flight to Thailand to be perfect, learn some valuable tips:
- On the spot, the most convenient way to travel is by taxi, tuk-tuk or bus, and booking rooms you can very often take tours or book tickets to attractions.
- English is not one of the most popular languages in Thailand, but in tourist destinations, hotels, hostels or other places you can get along if you speak slowly and clearly.
- Watch out for scammers! Take pictures of rented bicycles, scooters, and similar things, as you will be returning them you won’t pay for damage you didn’t do.
- The daily cost of living during the trip to Thailand an average of $ 30 – using shelters, cheaper hotels and local restaurant you can save a lot.
- Watch out for the sun – heat can be a nuisance, so be prepared for it. Have the right outfit, water at hand and creams with a filter.
- Search for cheap flights that are around Thailand – this is often a significant saving money and time, and by the way, you will see more.
- Do not pack too many things – the best is quick-drying clothes and some gadgets in the heat.
- If you want to save money and visit as much as possible, search directly at the source. Instead of through intermediaries ask the natives and have a great adventure guaranteed.